What’s more filling on a chilly winter evening than a piping hot bowl of Chili? Here you’ll find our recipe for the classic rich and meaty beef stew, but with a special spicy chocolatey kick!
When we make chili, we use a pound each of ground beef, stew beef and pork chorizo. If we have it, we’ll substitute in venison for a pound of the beef.
- 3 lbs of meat of your choice- we use: 1 lb each ground beef, stew beef and chorizo
- 1 white onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2-4 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 bottle favorite beer
- Big Daddy’s chili seasoning blend
- Big Daddy’s chocolate chili heart
- Brown the meat in a dutch oven or skillet over medium high heat, then set aside.
- Blend or chop the onions, peppers, garlic and chipotles in adobo and sauté 5-10 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and chili seasoning packet and sauté for a few minutes more.
- Add the meat, tomato sauce, beer, and salt and pepper to taste, stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for about an hour (or transfer to a 350F oven to cook).
- Chop the chocolate, then mix into the chili.
- Cook for 30 minutes to an hour more.